Friday, April 15, 2016

Nacho Blog Hop: All About the Birthdays

ACK!  What with all the excitement over my niece's arrival yesterday (HELLO CLARA NICOLE!!)  I almost forgot to write up my Nacho post!  So yep, today's Friday Flashback is being preempted by the April Nacho blog hop, which is all about birthdays!  And who doesn't love birthday cards?

Just to give myself a bit of an extra challenge. I made three birthday cards but used the same color combination for all of them:  Melon Mambo, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, and Bermuda Bay.  Love me some bold, bright colors.


First up is this kinda CAS star card.  The Cucumber Crush star is die cut and popped up on Dimensionals, and it's also sparkly:


OooooOOOOooohhh.  Iridescent Ice FTW.  Woohoo!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Be the Star, Party Wishes
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stars Framelits, Dimensionals, Brights Candy Dot, Iridescent Ice EP


Next up, we can't have a birthday party without CAKE!  Wanna know how I got the texture effect on the cake?  I inked up the stamp with Melon Mambo, and then used a blender pen to swipe off some of the ink, then stamped the image.  However I got left with a TON of Melon Mambo ink on my blender pen, so I might try it with a Q-Tip instead next time.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Party Wishes, Something to Say
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White, Brights DSP (Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo)
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, Oval & Scalloped Oval punches, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals


And finally, here's a card that's a little fancier...well, the stamped images are fancier, the layout is super simple to keep focus on the hummingbird.  That's right, I *finally* used the hummingbird stamps in Picture Perfect!!!  This card is 5.5" square.  The birthday greeting is from the freshly retired Sale-a-Bration set Sky is the Limit, but it was the perfect size and the perfect font for my card so I had to use it.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:   Picture Perfect, Sky is the Limit
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Cucumber Crush, Thick Whisper White, Cherry on Top DSP Stack
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Fun cards, Christy! I love the first one with the stars -- single layer cards are so hard and that came out great!!

Anne Hayward said...

All the cards are great. Love that color combo. Also love the sparkle on the star. And you did great with the hummingbird and flower (I think it's a peony) from Picture Perfect.

Rose said...

Love your cake technique idea-it came out really looking like spread frosting. That hummingbird is a little difficult to work with-took me three tries to get it right and haven't picked it up since-but you did it! And I'm still sing, "let's go to the hop..."

Tammy said...

WOW--even though you used the same colors, you got all different cards! great job! I, too, love the cake -- gotta try that one!!

CCsMom said...

My favorite is the cake card. LOVE the colors on ALL of them!